Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Masculinity is a set of behaviours, presentations and roles which are culturally associated with being a man and/or possessing male sex characteristics. People of any gender identity or sexual orientation can be masculine, but those who are assigned male at birth often experience societal pressure to be so. Transgender people who are masculine may be described as transmasculine.
Attributes which are often associated with masculinity include:
- Physical strength, power and confidence.
- Bravery, stoicism, and determination.
- Assertiveness, aggression, and social independence.
- Mechanical instincts and a desire to solve problems.
- A gender expression which includes trousers, short hair and/or visible musculature.